1. Give yourself a few weeks of grow time – this mac daddy beard style is worth the wait.
2. Growing a Full Beard is no reason to look like a hobo. Maintain your neck hair, and stray cheek hairs, with regular shaves using your rotary shaver in a gentle, circular motion. Tip: Don’t shave too close or the difference between your neck hair and the foliage slowly growing over you face will look strangely out-of-sync.
3. After several weeks of growth your beard is probably looking pretty unkempt. Use your beard trimmer with a comb or zoom wheel at the 3rd or 4th level to even out the length and get rid of any stragglers.
4. Once your beard has filled out nicely you can begin to shape it, using a longer setting on your beard comb or zoom wheel. The zoom wheel gives you total, reliable control over the length settings.
5. If you want to create a nice soft point out of your beard, remember to increase the length settings as you move from your cheeks to your chin.
6. Remember to first trim, then shave the extra hairs off your cheeks and neck, plus any areas (like below the mouth) where you want to create definition. Use a rotary shaver in a gentle circular motion on your cheeks and neck; for smaller, tighter spaces first trim with a precision trimmer then clean up with a mini foil shaver.
Top 10 Full Beard Styles with Beard Names (Updated)
Long beard styles are having different forms and one can select hairstyle and beard style according to the face shape. Here we have collected a list of ten full beard styles for our readers.
This full beard style was introduced and named by the founder of Beardbrand Eric Bandholz. His brand offers beard oils and combs for the growth and maintenance of facial hair. You need minimum 6 months to grow this beard while this beard is suitable for oval, diamond, triangular faces. Don’t shave or even trim this beard until you get the desired length. More maintenance is required for this beard style and proper oiling can help to grow hair faster.
2. The Boss
It’s a popular full beard style that you can get by fading sideburns. The best part of this beard style is that it suits every face shape. To prominent the minor details of the beard, you need to trim the sideburns from outside and give them a thin shape. It’s simple and elegant beard style. Pair it with a stylish haircut to get a modish look. Grow mustache with a beard and keep them connected. Choose the length of the mustache as per your convenience.
3. The Two Tone
Tow tone beard style is for middle aged men who want full beard style as well as want to maintain decent looks. If your face shape is oval or round, then this beard style is perfect for you. Let your beard grow until its length gets 4-5 inches. Male a pointed goatee and color the middle strip. Make sure that you color only a certain part of beard and don’t spread it at the jaw line. Trim the black hair and let the white hair grow. Don’t bleach the roots or start bleach by leaving an inch from the top if you want grayish tone.
4. Bush and Coif
Bush and coif beard style are long and oval faces to give them round look. The wilder look of this beard is perfect for adventure lovers. Start off with a shorter cut and fade the sideburns. Give a uniform look by trimming the lower part of the beard and give square shape. Handlebar mustache matches well with this beard style while you need fade hairstyle and sideburns to make your beard prominent.
This is a popular choice for youngsters who want to attain real manly looks. The round shape of this full beard style distinguishes it from other beard styles. Trim your mustaches and let the beard grow as much as you want. Garibaldi is ideal for oval and rectangular faces but not suitable for thin facial hair. Trim mustache and cheeks area and give it a round look when you get desired length. The maintenance is easy while trimmed mustache doesn’t make eating and drinking difficult.
6. The Warrior
Fierce appearance and uniqueness you get when you opt for ‘The Warrior’. It’s an incredible and unconventional beard style which requires an unusually strong commitment to growing facial hair. No need to cut or trim beard hair, mustache, and sideburns. Let them grow freely and depart it into two parts when it gets 15-18 inches long. Make two braids and tie the endings with a rubber band. This beard style is amazingly awesome and turns every head. Regular combing and oiling keep hair soft and straight while the maintenance of the beard also becomes easier.
This isn’t a beard style in actual but this mustache shape looks fantastic when gets paired with a long beard. Any face shape opts for this beard style. Grow the length of the beard and mustache. To give handlebars shape to the mustache, increase the length up to four inches and wax them to make collar shape. Proper waxing will convert it into W shape. Curly hair and pointed shape of the beard lift the edges upward and this well-kept shape looks positively magnificent. Long beard and handlebars mustache answer to the needs of every face shape and you achieve a real manly look.
8. The Hippy Hipster
This beard style looks cool and refreshing. Curly facial hair is ideal for full flowing beard style while you need to balance the soft and wild look with proper trimming and side fading. Allow the beard and mustache with the same length and let mustache fall on the lips. Fade hairstyle and thin sideburns make the best combination. Let the bead grow in its natural way and give it uniform shape later.
9. Amish Beard
This noble style beard is for old people. No restriction of face shape while shaved mustaches make maintenance easy. Let facial hair grow without bothering about the shape of a beard. The strands of beard will flow freely and you can shave the cheeks if any hair presents there. Young boys can also grow this beard style and later they can change it if they want to get a modish appearance. Shampoo the beard and keep it clean especially in the summer season to avoid skin problems if you have thick and curly hair.
10. Old Dutch Beard
This beard style gives fantastic looks to oval and diamond shape faces. The beard style is similar to lumberjack look. Grow the sideburns and don’t disturb their width. Grow the beard and sideburns outward and keep a balanced flare. Dutch doesn’t need any mustache so you can shave it and keep your focus on the beard only. Grow hair present under lower lip and give it a rectangular shape. You can bleach this part to bring variation in the overall style.
Recommended Products for Full beard Style:
Product Buying Guide: These products are exclusively selected from amazon.in against criteria including most popular, highest rated, best customer reviews etc
Beard Balm (keeps beard soft and non itchy) : Beardo Beard Balm
Beard Growth Syrum : Beardhood Growth Serum
Beard Comb : Beardo Compact Wooden Comb
Tips to Maintain a Full Beard
- Resist to frequent trim and cutting. Let it grow and don’t trim more than an inch. Keep the beard orderly with proper combing.
- Apply oil to keep it shiny and maintain the growth of facial hair. The oil will protect the skin underneath and keep it soft and moisturized. Use essential oils and apply conditioner once a week. Never use shampoo for the beard as it dries out the skin and causes itching.
- A good wax is extremely important for the desired shape of the beard while it helps to straighten the tangled hair and nourishes them as well.